Vicmap Topographic maps
- display natural and constructed features on the ground including contours, rivers, streams, waterfalls, lakes, vegetation, roads, cliffs, localities, park boundaries, shipwrecks and more
- cover the entire State of Victoria
- are provided in PDF (Adobe Reader required) ready to print
- all maps are georeferenced - Adobe Reader users can see positions on the map
- information about Georeferenced PDFs
- are generated utilising the most currently available Vicmap data
Map creation dates and update schedule
The Vicmap Topographic 1:30000 series
- is available in both A4 and A3 standard mapsheets
- is also available in a custom product where the user can select their own area of interest
The Vicmap Topographic 1:25 000, 1:50 000 and 1:100 000 series
- are available in A0 mapsheets - these are double format sheets
Printed maps are not available through this website
- we do not sell printed maps direct to the public - you will need to use a map shop
- please see for more information
If you are looking for contours for a property
- these maps are at set scales so your property may appear very small
- try the Interactive map where you can zoom in for a bigger picture
- use Build Map to turn on layers - you can create a pdf map or save the map image
Having problems with an order?
If you have paid for an order, but had problems while downloading it, or you need to see the receipt,
you can check your order here
Start an Order >>>
App for Reading Georeferenced Vicmap Topographic Maps
- An exciting new development in topographic mapping is the arrival of an app for reading and interacting with geo referenced PDFs.
- Currently available for Apple iOS devices and Android
- This free app, Avenza PDF Map, will enable the user to interact with Vicmap Topographic Online 1:30 000 A4 & A3 map series,
and Vicmap 1:25 000, 1:50 000 and 1:100 000 A0 maps.
- Further information on this app
- new edition of A4 1:30 000 maps is now available
- new edition of A3 1:30 000 maps is now available
- A0 1:50 000 maps are now available
- A0 1:100 000 maps are now available
- Please note - map prices have increased
- new edition of A0 1:25 000 maps is now available
|Sheet Size||Scale||Map Area||File Size||Price|
|Standard A4 Portrait||1:30000||6 x 7.5 km||30 KB to 4 MB (average 350 KB)||$3.00 *|
|Standard A3 Landscape||1:30000||12 x 7.5 km||140 KB to 7 MB (average 450 KB)||$5.00 *|
|Custom A4 Portrait||1:30000||6 x 7.5 km||30 KB to 4 MB (average 350 KB)||$3.50 *|
|Custom A4 Landscape||1:30000||7.5 x 6 km||30 KB to 4 MB (average 350 KB)||$3.50 *|
|Custom A3 Portrait||1:30000||7.5 x 12 km||140 KB to 7 MB (average 450 KB)||$6.00 *|
|Custom A3 Landscape||1:30000||12 x 7.5 km||140 KB to 7 MB (average 450 KB)||$6.00 *|
|Standard A0 Landscape||1:25000||24 x 14 km||2 MB to 30 MB (average 8 MB)||$8.50 *|
|Standard A0 Landscape||1:50000||48 x 24 km||1 MB to 22 MB (average 5 MB)||$8.50 *|
|Standard A0 Landscape||1:100000||96 x 48 km||4 MB to 40 MB (average 10 MB)||$8.50 *|
* A service fee of $1.10 applies to each order. Payment is by credit card.
All maps require Adobe Reader version 7 or later.
Map Creation Dates and Update Schedule
Note - Adobe Reader Version 8.0 does not open the map files correctly - version 8.1 and later does open them.
All maps are georeferenced - you can use
(updated 10 December 2015)
||Map creation date
||Next update expected
|VT 1:25K A0||Aug - Oct 2015||October 2016|
|VT 1:30K A4||November 2016||November 2017|
|VT 1:30K A3||September 2016||September 2017|
|VT 1:30K Custom maps (A3/A4) ||June 2014||December 2015|
|VT 1:25K A0||Aug - Oct 2015||October 2016|
|VT 1:50K A0||November 2015||November 2016|
|VT 1:100K A0||February 2016||March 2017|
Free Sample Mapsheets (A4 - scale 1:30000)
For an example of the type of features these mapsheets show, view these samples.
Urban area sample.
Agricultural area sample.
Coastal area sample.
The Custom maps are created differently and the linework and text do not have the same appearance as in the standard maps.
Custom map sample.
Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter
The Vicmap Topograhic eNewsletter will be published quarterly.
The aim of this newletter is to provide users with the latest news on Victorian
topographic mapping products.
Issue no. 18 - September 2015 (pdf 270kb)
Issue no. 17 - April 2015 (pdf 250kb)
Issue no. 16 - November 2014 (pdf 275kb)
Issue no. 15 - July 2014 (pdf 238kb)
Issue no. 14 - February 2014 (pdf 464kb)
Issue no. 13 - November 2013 (pdf 617kb)
Issue no. 12 - July 2013 (pdf 640kb)
Issue no. 11 - March 2013 (pdf 590kb)
Issue no. 10 - July 2012 (pdf 448kb)
Issue no. 9 - February 2012 (pdf 969kb)
Issue no. 8 - October 2011 (pdf 1606kb)
Issue no. 7 - June 2011 (pdf 1070kb)
Issue no. 6 - February 2011 (pdf 1070kb)
Issue no. 5 - September 2010 (pdf 940kb)
Issue no. 4 - June 2010 (pdf 1800kb)
Issue no. 3 - March 2010 (pdf 1400kb)
Issue no. 2 - December 2009 (pdf 1400kb)
Issue no. 1 - August 2009 (pdf 150kb)