Vicmap Topographic Maps Online
Vicmap Topographic maps
- display natural and constructed features on the ground including contours, rivers, streams, waterfalls, lakes, vegetation, roads, cliffs, localities, park boundaries, shipwrecks and more
- cover the entire State of Victoria
- are provided in PDF (Adobe Reader required) ready to print
- are generated utilising the most currently available Vicmap data
Map creation dates and update schedule
The Vicmap Topographic 1:30000 series
- is available in both A4 and A3 standard mapsheets
- is also available in a custom product where the user can select their own area of interest
The Vicmap Topographic 1:25000 series
- is available in A0 mapsheets - these are double format sheets
Printed maps are not available through this website
- we do not sell printed maps direct to the public - you will need to use a map shop
- please see for more information
Having problems with an order?
If you have paid for an order, but had problems while downloading it, or you need to see the receipt,
you can check your order here
App for Reading Georeferenced Vicmap Topographic Maps
- An exciting new development in topographic mapping is the arrival of an app for reading and interacting with geo referenced PDFs.
- Currently available for Apple iOS devices and Android
- This free app, Avenza PDF Map, will enable the user to interact with Vicmap Topographic Online 1:30 000 A4 & A3 map series, and Vicmap 1:25 000 A0 maps.
- Further information on this app
Start an Order >>>
- new edition of A4 1:30 000 maps is now available
- new edition of A0 1:25 000 maps is now available
- new edition of A3 1:30 000 maps is now available
|Sheet Size||Scale||Map Area||File Size||Price|
|Standard A4 Portrait||1:30000||6 x 7.5 km||30 KB to 4 MB (average 350 KB)||$2.00 *|
|Standard A3 Landscape||1:30000||12 x 7.5 km||140 KB to 7 MB (average 450 KB)||$4.00 *|
|Custom A4 Portrait||1:30000||6 x 7.5 km||30 KB to 4 MB (average 350 KB)||$2.50 *|
|Custom A4 Landscape||1:30000||7.5 x 6 km||30 KB to 4 MB (average 350 KB)||$2.50 *|
|Custom A3 Portrait||1:30000||7.5 x 12 km||140 KB to 7 MB (average 450 KB)||$5.00 *|
|Custom A3 Landscape||1:30000||12 x 7.5 km||140 KB to 7 MB (average 450 KB)||$5.00 *|
|Standard A0 Landscape||1:25000||24 x 14 km||2 MB to 30 MB (average 8 MB)||$8.00 *|
* A service fee of $1.10 applies to each order. Payment is by credit card.
All maps require Adobe Reader version 7 or later.
Map Creation Dates and Update Schedule
Note - Adobe Reader Version 8.0 does not open the map files correctly - version 8.1 and later does open them.
(updated 18 March 2014)
||Map creation date
||Next update expected
|VT 1:30K A4||February 2014||January 2016|
|VT 1:30K A3||December 2013||January 2015|
|VT 1:30K Custom maps (A3/A4) ||March 2013||March 2014|
|VT 1:25K A0||February 2014||February 2015|
Free Sample Mapsheets (A4 - scale 1:30000)
For an example of the type of features these mapsheets show, view these samples.
Urban area sample.
Agricultural area sample.
Coastal area sample.
The Custom maps are created differently and the linework and text do not have the same appearance as in the standard maps.
Custom map sample.
Vicmap Topographic eNewsletter
The Vicmap Topograhic eNewsletter will be published quarterly.
The aim of this newletter is to provide users with the latest news on Victorian
topographic mapping products.
Issue no. 14 - February 2014 (pdf 464kb)
Issue no. 13 - November 2013 (pdf 617kb)
Issue no. 12 - July 2013 (pdf 640kb)
Issue no. 11 - March 2013 (pdf 590kb)
Issue no. 10 - July 2012 (pdf 448kb)
Issue no. 9 - February 2012 (pdf 969kb)
Issue no. 8 - October 2011 (pdf 1606kb)
Issue no. 7 - June 2011 (pdf 1070kb)
Issue no. 6 - February 2011 (pdf 1070kb)
Issue no. 5 - September 2010 (pdf 940kb)
Issue no. 4 - June 2010 (pdf 1800kb)
Issue no. 3 - March 2010 (pdf 1400kb)
Issue no. 2 - December 2009 (pdf 1400kb)
Issue no. 1 - August 2009 (pdf 150kb)
Products and Services | Get Reports Home | My Folder - 0 items | My Land.Vic Account
If you have any queries about your order please contact Customer Service, providing your order number, on :
Phone: (+61 3) 8636 2333
© 2002 State Government of Victoria, Australia