Vicmap data is the authoritative spatial data for the State of
Victoria. It is the foundation of Victoria's primary mapping and
geographic information systems. The data can be used for many
applications such as: land management, location decisions,
marketing, planning, procurement, mapping calls/clients/deliveries
The DataVic Access policy means there is no longer a charge for DELWP spatial data ordered through this site.
Please see the DataVic website at https://www.data.vic.gov.au for more details.
Vicmap data is supplied through the Department's Spatial Datamart (SDM).
Follow these three steps to order a Vicmap product
- These Vicmap Data delivery pages will be removed by 30 September 2016
- you will then need to go direct to Spatial Datamart to order data
- Spatial Datamart sends an email when an order has been completed which contains a link to download the data
- - this is a change from the old system which sent the data as an attachment, which could be blocked by an email system as too large
- - the email also contains a link which allows you to register as a user of SDM, which avoids having to enter your email address for each order
- Spatial Datamart allows you to order any of the Vicmap spatial datasets available through the DataVic website
- - you can also order data for areas larger than localities - up to the whole state - but there are limits for some formats (DWG/DXF)
Other data sources